Today in class:
- Students completed the Who Are You? reading survey.
- Mrs. Skotnicki introduced the first unit, Independent Reading. She gave a brief presentation outlining the importance of reading. If you were absent, be sure to review this on your own.
- We spent the remainder of class Using Destiny to find titles for our book lists.
- Choosing a good book is like buying a toaster: reviews help. Once students created preliminary reading lists, they used reviews to evaluate the books on their book lists, refining them as necessary. If you were absent, refer to this Book Reviews worksheet for the directions.
- While students worked, Mrs. Skotnicki checked the following assignments: Destiny Quest worksheet.
- Complete the summer reading assignment by September 30.