- We spent 15 minutes reading and measured our reading rate to set reading goals for the first quarter.
- Mrs. Skotnicki outlined the homework assignment, 20 minutes of reading per weeknight or two hours weekly.
- We recorded our progress on the Weekly Reading Log.
- Mrs. Skotnicki introduced the This I Believe (TIB) writing assignment and TIB Grading Rubric.
- We listened to examples of pieces from the This I Believe series through NPR. If you were absent, listen to these pieces to get an sense of what this assignment is all about:
- Mrs. Skotnicki shared one of her This I Believe essays by reading it aloud.
- As a class, each of brainstormed three topic ideas on sticky notes.
- Students chose their favorite idea and completed this Topic to Story graphic organizer.
- Be reading: twenty minutes per night or two hours weekly. Meet or exceed your weekly reading goal.
- Summer reading due September 29-30.