- Students read independently for fifteen minutes.
- We expanded our understanding about the craft of writing by learning about “showing” and “telling” in writing.
- Mrs. Skotnicki taught a short lesson about showing versus telling in writing. As a class, we brainstormed ways to transform a telling sentence into a showing sentence.
- We used this interior/exterior graphic organizer to help us brainstorm ideas for our own writing.
- Students spent the remainder of class continuing to work on their essays, finding important moments to expand upon through showing.
Be reading. Meet or exceed your writing goal for the week.