- Students read independently for fifteen minutes, recording progress in the Weekly Book Log.
- Mrs. Skotnicki and introduced students to Book Lists using her own list as a model.
- In the library, students used copies of the Weekly Book Logs to record titles of the books they have read this year.
- Ms. Knaze modeled how to use book appeal terms to find other titles in the school library database, NoveList.
- Students identified preferred book appeal terms on the Novelist worksheet and used them to complete the Want To Read portion of their reading lists.
- Students reflected upon themselves as readers by completing the “Exit Ticket” at the bottom of the Novelist worksheet.
- Mrs. Skotnicki and Ms. Knaze collected completed worksheets at the end of class.
Be reading! Meet or surpass your weekly reading goals.