- Students read independently for fifteen minutes.
- Students filled out this conflict chart in preparation for writing their own dramatic scenes.
- We watched a brief summary of Beneath’s Place to give ourselves an idea of how to begin.
- As a class, we brainstormed possible scene ideas. If you were absent, you can find your class’s idea list below:
- Working independently, students completed a scene brainstorm graphic organizer, identifying the characters and conflict, “obstacles,” setting, and possible resolution.
- Students mapped out the action for their scenes on a storyboard.
- Be reading, meet or surpass your weekly writing goal.
- Finish your storyboard if you were unable to do so during class.