- Students read independently for fifteen minutes.
- Mrs. Skotnicki introduced the Q4 Read Harder Book Challenge.
- Mrs. Skotnicki went over the scene assessment rubric with students.
- Mrs. Skotnicki introduced Turnitin.com. Students created accounts and uploaded their scenes from Google Drive, using the grammar tool to proofread their work.
- Mrs. Skotnicki checked shared drafts while students made revisions to their dramatic scenes by working with a partner and completing this Revision Checklist. If you have not yet shared your draft via Google Drive follow these naming conventions and share with firstname.lastname@example.org:
- We spent the remainder of the block revising.
- Please be reading! Students should meet or surpass their weekly reading goals.
- Raisin Scenes are due (shared digitally) with Mrs. Skotnicki before the beginning of next class.